Job Candidates and Placement Information
2022-2023 Job Market Candidates
Daniel Ossa, (he/him/his)
Job Market Paper: Financial and nonfinancial profitability across time and frequencies
Research Interests:Political Economy, Macroeconomics, Income Distribution, Business Cycles, Financialization
Teaching Experience: Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, International Economics
Aashima Sinha (she/her/hers)
Job Market Paper:Why Care for the Care Economy: Empirical Evidence from Nepal
Research Interests: Feminist Economics, Development Economics, Labor Economics, Applied Microeconomics, and Macroeconomics
Teaching Experience: Labor Economics, Microeconomics, Feminist Economics, Development Economics, Macroeconomics
Jan Weber (he/him/his)
Job Market Paper:A Statistical Equilibrium Analysis of Firm-Specific Markup in the US
Research Interests: Complexity Economics, Market Power, Firm Behavior, History of Economic Thought, Inequality
Teaching Experience: Complexity in Economics, Market Power and Antitrust, American Industrialization/Economic Development, US Economic History
Chimedlkham Zorigtbaatar (she/her/ hers)
Job Market Paper:Gender Division of Labor in the Making: Unpaid Household Work of Adolescents in Mongolia
Research Interests: Feminist Economics, Health Economics, Labor Economics, Development Economics and Applied Microeconomics
Teaching Experience: Health Economics, Introduction to Health Economics, Economics as a Social Science and Principles of Macroeconomics
JOB MARKET INFORMATION
Below are links to job postings and other information relevant to the job market.
- The American Economic Association: Check here for information on the AEA/ASSA meetings and the placement service offered at the meetings.
- Job Openings for Economists: Note that there are several articles with information about the job market listed at the bottom of the page. The Cawley article may be particularly helpful and is updated annually.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Economic Research Network: Follow the links from the Social Science Research Network to the Economic Research Network and to "Job Openings."
- Holmes and Colander, "The Hiring of and Economist: A Case Study," The American Economist Spring 2007: This is a nice description of how the conference interview/flyout/job offer process works on the "labor demand" end.