Job Candidates and Placement Information
2021-2022 Job Market Candidates
Job Market Paper: Economic Mobility and Voter Choice
Research Interests:Urban Economics, Labor Economics, Economic Geography, Income Inequality, Economic History
Teaching Experience: Health Economics, Econometrics
Job Market Paper: Is unemployment hysteretic or structural? A Bayesian model selection approach for Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico
Research Interests: Macroeconomics of Labor and Distribution, Applied (Bayesian and Classic) Macroeconometrics, and Problems of Development in Developed and Developing Countries
Teaching Experience: Time Series Econometrics, Macroeconomics (Principles and Intermediate), Mathematics for Economists, and Development problems in Latina America
Holly Sue Hatfield
Job Market Paper: Not a small factory, but a club: a property rights approach to the household institution
Research Experience: Theory and Heterodox Economics including Feminist Economics, Natural Resource Economics, and History of Economic Thought
Teaching Experience: U.S. Economic History (Lower, Upper, Graduate Levels), Economics as a Social Science, Online Curriculum Specialist
Job Market Paper:Growth, cycles, and Residential Investment
Research Interests: Economic Growth and its Environmental Effects, Business Cycles and Income Distribution, Time Series Econometrics, History of Economic Thought
Teaching Experience: Probability & Statistical Inference, Econometrics, Intermediate Microeconomics
Job Market Paper:Regional Labor Markets, Labor Share Dynamics, and Structural Change
Research Interests: Inequality, Structural Change, Agent-Based Modeling, Applied Machine Learning
Teaching Experience: Intermediate Microeconomics, Current Economic Problems
Job Market Paper: Dynamics of Competition and Accumulation in the US: a QRSE approach
Research Interests: Dynamic Systems, Industrial Organization, Political Economy of Distribution of Wealth and Income
Teaching Experience: Capitalism and Socialism, Probability and Statistical Inference for Economists, Mathematics for Economists, Introduction to Microeconomics
JOB MARKET INFORMATION
Below are links to job postings and other information relevant to the job market.
- The American Economic Association: Check here for information on the AEA/ASSA meetings and the placement service offered at the meetings.
- Job Openings for Economists: Note that there are several articles with information about the job market listed at the bottom of the page. The Cawley article may be particularly helpful and is updated annually.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Economic Research Network: Follow the links from the Social Science Research Network to the Economic Research Network and to "Job Openings."
- Holmes and Colander, "The Hiring of and Economist: A Case Study," The American Economist Spring 2007: This is a nice description of how the conference interview/flyout/job offer process works on the "labor demand" end.