Job Candidates and Placement Information
2019-2020 Job Market Candidates
Ngwinui Belinda Azenui
Job Market Paper 1: "Labor productivity growth in the African LDCs: a Divisia index decomposition approach," with Codrina Rada
Job Market Paper 2: An exploration of structural change and labor productivity growth in African LDCs using dynamic panel estimators
Research Interests: Macroeconomic development and structural change, Open economy macroeconomics, Applied Macroeconometrics, Women’s economic empowerment
Teaching Experience: Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, Intermediate Microeconomics, Intermediate Macroeconomics
Dissertation: Caste-Based Dimensions of Tuberculosis Control Effectiveness in India: Three Essays
Job Market Paper: Is Tuberculosis Control Caste-blind? An Empirical Investigation of Socio-economic Dimensions of the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program Performance in India
Research Interests: Health Economics, Social Determinants of Health, Public Policy, Caste inequalities and its consequences, Applied Microeconomics, Political Economy, Environmental Economics
Teaching Experience: Microeconomics (Principles and Intermediate), Macroeconomics (Principles and Intermediate), Health Economics, Environmental/Ecological Economics, Political Economy
Job Market Paper: Does Financial Liberalization Help China to Invest More Efficiently? Evidence from China’s Saving and Investment from 1993 to 2016
Research Interests: Macroeconomics, Economic Development, Chinese Economy, and Political Economy
Teaching Expertise: History of Economic Thought, Political Economy, Macroeconomics, International Economics, Asian Economic History and Development
Job Market Paper: Are Patients Collateral Damage? The Effects of Registered Nurse Unionism on Patient Outcomes in the Acute Care Setting
Research Interests: Labor Economics, Health Economics, Inequality
Teaching Experience: Labor Economics, Principals of Microeconomics, History of the US Economy
Job Market Paper: The effects of coverage of state-level prevailing wage laws on union construction worker’s wage rates and benefits (1920 – 2012)
Research Expertise: Labor Economics, Construction Economics, Inequality, Economic Development
Teaching Expertise: Labor Economics, Principles of Microeconomics, Intermediate Microeconomics, US Economic History
Job Market Paper: Investigating the Asymmetric Core/Periphery Structure of International Labor Time Flows: A New Network Approach to Studying the World-system
Research Expertise: Development Economics, Political Economy, World-systems Analysis, Inequality & Power
Teaching Expertise: Econometrics, Introductory/Intermediate Economics
JOB MARKET INFORMATION
Below are links to job postings and other information relevant to the job market.
- The American Economic Association: Check here for information on the AEA/ASSA meetings and the placement service offered at the meetings.
- Job Openings for Economists: Note that there are several articles with information about the job market listed at the bottom of the page. The Cawley article may be particularly helpful and is updated annually.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Economic Research Network: Follow the links from the Social Science Research Network to the Economic Research Network and to "Job Openings."
- Holmes and Colander, "The Hiring of and Economist: A Case Study," The American Economist Spring 2007: This is a nice description of how the conference interview/flyout/job offer process works on the "labor demand" end.