Omicron Delta Epsilon
The International Honor Society for Economics
Omicron Delta Epsilon is one of the world's largest academic honor societies. The objectives of Omicron Delta Epsilon are
- recognition of scholastic attainment and the honoring of outstanding achievements in economics
- the establishment of closer ties between students and faculty in economics within colleges and universities, and among colleges and universities
- the publication of its official journal, The American Economist
- sponsoring of panels at professional meetings as well as the Irving Fisher and Frank W. Taussig competitions.
Currently, Omicron Delta Epsilon has 696 chapters located in the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Egypt, France, Kazakhstan, and United Arab Emirates. With such a broad, international base, chapter activities vary widely, ranging from invited speakers, group discussions, dinners, meetings, etc., to special projects such as review sessions and tutoring for students in economics.
- International recognition of scholastic achievement in economics
- A publication outlet for promising undergraduate and graduate student papers in The American Economist, the journal of Omicron Delta Epsilon
- Closer academic and professional relationships with the faculty at your university
- Closer professional and social relationships with fellow ODE members at your university and other universities with Omicron Delta Epsilon chapters
- ODE sponsored meetings at the annual conventions of regional, national and international associations
- Eligibility to compete for the Frank Taussig and Irving Fisher Awards (both cash prizes and publication of essays)
- Eligibility to compete for the Outstanding Student Leader Award
- Free on-line access to The American Economist
- At least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- 3.0 GPA or above in all economics course work
- 12 or more ECON credit hours
Visit Omicron Delta Epsilon for more details and requirements.
- Payment receipt for membership ($40 membership fee dues). You may also purchase your cords on this page.
For more information email our advising team.