The Economics Student Advisory Committee is dedicated to serving the students of the University of Utah Economics Department by acting on their behalf to provide improved educational opportunities, social interactions, and institutional support through substantive dialog between students, faculty, and ASUU.
Mission Statement created by University of Utah Economics Student Advisory Committee. February 2009. All rights reserved.
Student Advisory Committees (SACs) are student groups established within departments to promote communication and interaction among students, faculty, staff, and administrators. They are both a social and an academic organization.
SACs act on behalf of students in dealings with department faculty, ASUU, and University administration.
They are also responsible for hosting events, producing Retention, Promotion, and Tenure (RPT) reports, and working to improve the social and intellectual climate of their individual departments.
Our department uses SAC for a diversity of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Promote academic and social activities
- Encourage collaboration with other student organizations
- Perform and facilitate Retention, Promotion, and Tenure responsibilities for faculty
- Participate in the Course Evaluation process
- Recommend improvements to University and Departmental policies and procedures
- Build campus community at the U
- Join committee groups (e.g. Curriculum Committee, Superior Teaching Award Committee)
- Learn about the educational resources for economics students
Being a member of SAC is a great way to
- Get involved in the campus community
- Meet new people and build career networks
- Build your résumé and gain career experience skills
- Diverse experiences: leadership, collaboration, event planning, social media savvy, and many others!
- Earn a titled position
- Discover your strengths and interests
- Strengthen connections with professors